Friday, July 27, 2012

to match or not to match

have i or haven't i?

a little story first. it's a little weird (to say the least) to meet perfect strangers and convince them you want to carry their baby in a very non-creepy way. my mom went with me on my "date" for support and so we could ride in the carpool lane to and from san diego. WHAT? the 5 and the 405 are a nightmare! so my mom and i drove up and met with the potential ip's and i must say, they were so sweet and i liked them right away. we chatted for about 30 minutes and went our separate ways.

here comes that pesky waiting game again!

i e-mailed my coordinator this morning and she said the family was meeting with her today to let them know their decision.

and it's a MATCH!!!

i've already received a call from the ivf clinic and have my first appt. in 1 1/2 weeks. i'm not thrilled about driving 200 miles round trip, but i hear of surro's driving much further to get to their various appt's. i am so excited to have found a new set of ip's and *fingers crossed* for an awesome journey!

5 comments:

Julie said...

yay!!! congrats on matching!!! and I feel ya with the drive! Our clinic is 221 miles away one way!

Venus of the Kitchen said...

All right! :) Let's keep our fingers crossed. Maybe we'll be carrying our surrobubs together! :)

one faux mommy said...

julie - there are a few clinics where i live (including the 1 i've worked with with my past 2 surrobabies) so i am hoping after transfer to be monitored there.

venus - yeah for transfer buddies! :)

Chelsea said...

Congrats on being matched!!!!!!!!!!!! :) I have to drive quite a bit too, but I'm able to monitored a little bit closer to home which is fortunate! Good luck! :)

Maddy said...

Fascinating. Thank you for sharing your life with us.