Sunday, July 10, 2011

placenta art

first i just wanna say a huge THANK YOU to everyone who has shared kind words and encouragement with me regarding my last post. it has been very hard to accept, but time heals all wounds.

now onto the art!!!

so i wanted to do something with my placenta. i had originally considered encapsulating it, but after speaking to some people realized that it could increase my milk supply (that i've been working so hard to stop). so what now? i started researching what exactly i could do with it and art struck my fancy. i had taken a picture of myself that quickly became my favorite. i decided i wanted someone to draw the photo for me and i would stamp the placenta onto my belly. my neighbor is a wonderful artist so i asked her if she'd do the painting for me. i am so happy with the results!

*due to the recent issue of prego pics showing up on a fetish website i have removed the photos*

i absolutely love, Love, LOVE the painting and it will forever remind me of baby sesame. i now plan on burying the placenta and planting a fruit tree.

i showed boo the placenta and explained what it is and how it works. she was very interested and not at all grossed out by it. she picked out an apple tree to plant as our baby sesame tree but home depot was out of them. i'll have to check back later in the week.

i start back to work tomorrow and am looking forward to getting back into my normal routine. summer has been fun! boo has daycamp mon. and fri. and this is her 2nd week of swimming lessons. she has come leaps and bounds and is a quite a good swimmer. we are going camping locally in august and then she'll go with my parents and nephew for a week camping to the places we went as a family when i was a kid. i wish i could go too, but i know they'll have fun!

hope you're all having a great summer too!

No comments: